Joe's notes
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
  Hard Rock DVD show
 Busy weekend, Hard Rock, Devil’s and Dust in
Cleveland. Thank you Steve, Jim, and the Screw Devil
mobile taping crew. I hope we got something
good........The Hard Rock treated us royally. Thanks
Gary, Patrick, Dave, and staff. So listening to the
old stuff..... First of all most of it is pretty good.
I was listening to a tape from 1977 of the Brick Alley
Band (Art. Slim. Jimmy King, Ned E, and Gil ) at a
Wednesday ladies nite gig at the original Fat City in
Swissvale. Good stuff .. a lot of r&b.. I think we
secretly wanted to be a soul band but could never sing
“purdy” enuff to pull it off. The music got harder
and and harder as we fought our way thru the bars here
in the “Burgh”. Probably a self- survival strategy The
writing got better as it became more observational and
personal. Once I started to write about the people and
places I knew, the songs got a lot better. I put
probably the first thing we ever recorded on the
Outtake and Demo cd. It’s called Feel Good tonight and
has a Van the Man feel to it. Several recording
sessions later, the band sounded a lot tougher. It was
good to see the Ohio contingent this weekend. Carhops
on Saturday. It has a Decade-type vibe to it. “Come on
Down” JG
 
Comments:
That's what I'm talking about, Joe. Tell us what's going on with you and what's in your head! Keep it coming...

Tell us some stories about gigs, crazy fans or your travels over the years.

Can't wait to see that Hard Rock DVD - I suggest making more so eventually we'll have all your songs performed live on DVD. My motto is "Live music is better"!

BRUCE's show in Cleveland on Sunday was the perfect one-two punch for my weekend - rockin' on Saturday night and mellow out on Sunday night.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

ARCHIVES
May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / November 2005 /


Powered by Blogger